Monday 27 July 2015

Day 1 Again!!!

I joined a gym again a few weeks ago,  I'm not unfit but I'm no lean machine either, I am however a 168cm 74kg 36 year old woman with a body fat % of 32.5%.  I have been training on average once a week with a personal trainer and a friend for the past 2 years so my strength has improved hugely and I reckon that I may even have a 6 pack hiding in there somewhere so my mission now is to let it out or at least have a glimpse of its whereabouts. 

I hold all my weight around my stomach which is nice a flabby still after a pregnancy (almost 4 years ago)  I'm not bothered about what I weigh but I do want to get my body fat down to below 25% as soon as possible because id like to go on holiday later in the year and I don't want to be all body conscious.

I have suffered a little with mild depression lately well for a long while really I just didn't realise it.  I let everything get on top of me and needlessly stress about the small things so I am doing all i can at present to focus on the positive things in life.   to that end here are my plans for the coming week



  • Listen to the headspace app on my phone for 10 minutes each day
  • go to 3 spinning classes this week
  • do 2 German Volume Training workouts this week 
  • keep my food diary accurately
  • create a meal plan including snacks so I eat every 3 hours
  • Update my blog
I did my first GVT last friday and its 5pm on Monday now and I still cant walk, was great but boy did I suffer all weekend still tho no pain no gain as they say
the workout was 

10 X 10 50kg spuats superset with (went down to 45kg for last 3)
10 X 10 Goblet squats with 20kg kettlebell (went down to 16kg after first 3)
I got a savage pain in my right hand lower back doing the goblet squats so had to reduce and roll out between sets but I got through
Then
10X10 Lunge each leg 7.5kg dumbells
10X10 straight leg deadlift 35kg kettlebell

Plank x 30 seconds front and both sides.
Stretches 
Then wobbled out the door.

It was after this and the shocking DOMS that i decided this is for me this is whats going to make  me lean so lets see how this week pans out 




No comments:

Post a Comment