Thursday 20 August 2015

Progress Report on Weight Training and IIFYM for the novice

OK So today I'm going to spill on my progress so far.  I cant honestly say that I see any massive changes but it is only early days and I have to be realistic.  the positives so far are


  • My Strength has improved even my very poor upper body strength.  Every time I do a GVT session I can lift heavier with better form or more reps so that's really pushing me on
  • I am being consistent with training and I'm loving it.  I have even gotten to the stage that I am making myself go and I'm sad when I cant get there for whatever reason
  • I have baby Biceps yippee!!! I can really see them coming on.  I'm sure my legs are too because they feel stronger but there is still a lot of fat there so you cant see it yet.
  • My Mood is better
  • My sleep is better
  • My Muscle mass has increased slightly
  • My Fat has decreased slightly
All of the above are pretty good for what 2 weeks in so I'm delighted! 

The not so good bits are;
  • I'm stiff and sore pretty much always, this is good cause I feel like its progress but it defiantly makes daily life that little tougher.  This morning for example I dropped my blusher behind my dressing table and the effort it took to go down on my hands and knees to get it was brutal :-)
  • My son hates to see me going training.  He is 4 and as I work all day I only have about 2 hours before he goes to bed in the evenings and while I try not to go training until he is asleep its not always possible.  when he sees me putting on my training gear he goes blue.
  • There isn't a lot of time for anything else mid week.  I do most of my training during the week so that I have the weekend with my son and husband and so its rush rush rush and I am shattered come bed time.
  • the Food thing takes a lot of planning and prep.  I am carrying around a scale in my handbag which looks pretty ridiculous when I whip it out at work!!! Morto!!! 
So far the good is outweighing the bad (pardon the pun) I am very hopeful that the improvements will keep coming.  

Yesterdays Session & Macros 

Workout 
10 X 30 kg bench press followed by 10 X 7.5 kg incline fly 1 minute break this was to be repeated 10 times but I had to drop bench press to 25 kg after set 5 and only managed 7 reps on set 10.  the incline I stuck at 7.5 kg for the full 10 rounds (first time) although only managed 8 reps in set 10.
This was followed by 6 rounds on 10 triceps kickbacks laying on a  bench and triceps dips. 
Arms were dead after and driving home was weird I felt like the power steering was broken in the car... All good tho. 

Calories = 1550

Carbs = 46%  Fat = 26%  Protein = 28%
I actually hit my Fat grams spot on but went over on protein and under on carbs.  So hard to get the mix right

No comments:

Post a Comment