Tuesday 4 August 2015

Reverse Dieting or Flexible Dieting

Have you ever heard of Reverse or Flexible dieting??? I hadn't either but after some research (while I should have been working oops) I have decided to give it a go because after the bank holiday weekend binge I just had something needs to change.   

How many times have a said that last sentence in my life??? countless! and I'm sick of it to say the least.  I tried and failed to put on my jeans yesterday and I am telling myself that its because of muscle gain and not fat gain but I'm not 100% convinced because when I'm bold I'm wicked and this past weekend was no exception 
example..... I did a massive GVT session in gym Friday evening and on the way home i stopped to buy a bottle of wine which I drank when i got home along with a protein bar a yogurt and anything bold i could find in the house..... Saturday more food and no exercise, Sunday Cake (sons Birthday) and last night movie night binge to put it mildly.  

So anyway to mark yet another Monday Morning (Tuesday in this case) resolution I have tweaked MyFitPal app to increase my calorie allowance to 
1567 calories per day with a macro ration of 
50%/196g = Carbs
30%/117g = Protein
20%/35g = fat

This fly's in the face of anything i have ever done before but according to the many websites i have read today I think it may be worth a shot.
I have also decided to just weight myself once a week instead of every time I enter my en-suite and to take measurements and i have chosen Wednesday Mornings to do that so ill post the details Tomorrow

I am interested to see what this turns out like I'm going to give it a shot my diet up to now has been 1200 calories a day and then breakout at the weekends I'm hoping that by allowing myself more calories then it will heal my metabolism and stop the yo yo effect of starvation then binge because i wont be so focused on what I cant have.  The idea behind this type of diet is that I will be adding more and more calories to my diet over time which will give me more energy to exercise and thus get more muscle gain in the gym..... so lets see :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment